Comic actor Vivek Shauq passes away
The actor passed away due to a severe heart attack
Mumbai: Actor Vivek Shauq, known for his comic acts with comedian-actor Jaspal Bhatti and roles in Bollywood films like Gadar, has passed away following a heart attack.
The 47-year-old actor, best remembered as Sunny Deol's bum-chum in Gadar, died Monday morning.
Vivek, who had also acted in many Punjabi films and Jaspal Bhatti's shows like Flop Show, leaves behind a wife and three children.
"His daughters are teenagers and his son is even younger. It's such a sad thing to happen to a man who always made everyone laugh," said Raj Babbar's son Arya Babbar, who had worked closely with Vivek.
The Deol family, busy promoting their latest film Yamla Pagla Deewana, was plunged into mourning when news came in of the death of Vivek who featured in several films with them came in.
Bobby Deol, who has acted with Vivek, was too distraught to speak.
Sunny, who worked with Vivek in Maa Tujhe Salaam, Indian, Champion and Gadar, said, "This has come as a complete shock out of nowhere."
"We were so looking forward to the release of our film Yamla Pagla Deewana. This tragedy has clouded our excitement completely," he said.
Said Arya Babbar, "He died of a heart attack all of a sudden. I met him about 20 days ago when he had come to see my mother's (Nadira Babbar) show. He was absolutely fine."
"Vivek was with me in my debut film as well as in our other home production Kaash Aap Hamare Hote which launched my sister Juhi," he added.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorist Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells