Coming soon: A sea plane for tourists in Goa
The nine-seater plane, which will be capable of taking off and landing on water, would be introduced by Christmas.
Panaji: A sea plane service with low fares will soon start in Goa for tourists, a senior Tourism Department official said on Saturday.
The nine-seater plane, which will be capable of taking off and landing on water, would be introduced by Christmas as part of the State's tourism itinerary, Nilesh Cabral, Chairman, Goa
Tourism Development Corp (GTDC), said.
"It will be almost like a joy ride which would be provided within small budget to the tourists," he said, adding that since it won't be expensive, even the middle segment holiday-makers would be able to fly in the aircraft.
The plane's operation will be outsourced to a private player, he said, adding logistics and other details about the project is being worked out by the state government.
Goa would be the first state to introduce such a concept, he said, adding Andaman and Nicobar island has similar aircraft but they are not used for tourism purpose.
Cabral said the plane can also carry passengers from Dabolim airport to various destinations in the coastal state.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology