Coming soon: SmartNamo, a 1.5GHz quad-core Narendra Modi fanphone
There are feature phones, there are smartphones, and now you could have to make way for the fanphone.
New Delhi: There are feature phones, there are smartphones, and now you could have to make way for the fanphone. SmartNamo, an Android smartphone 'dedicated' to Narenda Modi, may soon make its way into the hands of the Gujarat Chief Minister's fans soon.
Narenda Modi had back in 2011, launched an iOS app for the iPhone and the iPad, followed by other initiatives (Read our review of the Narendra Modi iOS app).
A group that claims to be "an independent body of fans" of Narendra Modi has put up a website announcing the upcoming phone.
"We are from land of Gujarat and in electronic smartphone business in China. NAMO stands for Narendra Modi and Next Generation Android Mobile Odyssey," says the description of the website.
According to the brief product specifications posted on the website the 5-inch SmartNamo smartphone will be powered by a MediaTek MT6589 SoC that includes a 1.5GHz quad-core processor and include Gorilla Glass 2 protection and a 13 megapixel camera.
The phone, according to the website, will be available in four variants with 1GB or 2GB RAM and 16GB or 32GB of internal memory. There also seem to be plans to launch the phone with a Narendra Modi 'signature edition'. Reports say the phone is expected to be released by end of August.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- Cricketer Mohammad Kaif Slams Media House For Confusing Him With Sharpshooter
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir