Composer Lloyd Webber diagnosed with prostate cancer
Lloyd Webber is behind hit musicals including Jesus Christ Superstar.
London: British composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, the BBC reported on Sunday.
The broadcaster quoted a statement from the 61-year-old's spokesman as saying the condition had been caught in its very early stages.
"Andrew is now undergoing treatment and expects to be fully back at work before the end of the year," the spokesman said.
Lloyd Webber, behind hit musicals including Jesus Christ Superstar, ,i>Cats and Starlight Express, recently announced he was staging a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera. Love Never Dies is due to open in London in March 2010.
He is also set to judge a BBC television talent show next year.
Lloyd Webber's spokesman could not immediately be reached for comment.
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday