Composer Lloyd Webber diagnosed with prostate cancer
Lloyd Webber is behind hit musicals including Jesus Christ Superstar.
London: British composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, the BBC reported on Sunday.
The broadcaster quoted a statement from the 61-year-old's spokesman as saying the condition had been caught in its very early stages.
"Andrew is now undergoing treatment and expects to be fully back at work before the end of the year," the spokesman said.
Lloyd Webber, behind hit musicals including Jesus Christ Superstar, ,i>Cats and Starlight Express, recently announced he was staging a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera. Love Never Dies is due to open in London in March 2010.
He is also set to judge a BBC television talent show next year.
Lloyd Webber's spokesman could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China