Madhya Pradesh: Congress demands CM's resignation
According to an I-T department report the last BJP poll campaign was financed by mining baron Sudhir Sharma.
Bhopal: The BJP is facing the ire in Madhya Pradesh with the Congress cornering the state government over the I-T department documents which reveal that the last BJP poll campaign was financed by mining baron Sudhir Sharma. After the startling revelations in the I-T department report, the Congress party workers held a protest in Bhopal on Monday. The opposition in the state has stepped up the pressure on the state government demanding a resignation of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's resignation.
The controversy pertains to the last BJP election campaign in Madhya Pradesh which has come under a cloud with the I-T department appraisal report revealing that the poll campaign was financed by mining baron Sudhir Sharma. I-T documents with CNN-IBN reveal that Sudhir Sharma sponsored air travels of senior RSS leader Suresh Soni. According to the documents, the air travel expenses of the head of the present BJP poll cell Anil Madhav Dave's and former BJP spokesperson Brijesh Lunavat were also sponsored by Sudhir Sharma.
"It is clear now that for all the mining licences that Sudhir Sharma got, he amassed wealth and financed the BJP election campaign code named operation Vijay," leader of opposition in MP Vidhan Sabha, Ajay Singh, had earlier said.
While the appraisal report says that the documents were recovered during the raids and the disclosures were verified and cross checked, the BJP has termed it as a vendetta against Sudhir Sharma. "Sudhir Sharma has gone to court against the Income tax department and it is their revenge and they are implicating us as well," BJP Rajya Sabha MP Prabhat Jha had said.
Though the BJP is trying to put up a brave face, the top party leaders realise the amount of damage the income tax revelations have done to the party image. In an election year the I-T revelations have given yet another issue to the opposition Congress to corner the ruling party.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18