J&K: Sarpanch accused of raping woman, absconding
The woman was alone at home with her five-year-old daughter when the incident reportedly took place.
New Delhi: A village sarpanch of Kishtwar, Jammu and Kashmir, has been accused of raping a woman when she was alone at home with her five-year-old daughter.
The man is on the run.
The police have booked him for rape and criminal intimidation of woman and slapped additional charges of outraging modesty, intentional insult, theft and assault to woman under sections 342, 504, 382 and 354.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh