Congress accuses Ashok
BANGALORE: Home Minister R Ashok came under attack from the Congress, with Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee vice president Ran..
BANGALORE: Home Minister R Ashok came under attack from the Congress, with Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee vice president Rani Sathish alleging him of abetting encroachment of Chickamadu tankbed, in Padmanabhanagar - his assembly constituency.
Addressing the press here on Monday, Sathish charged that the tank bed belonging to the forest department was encroached by BJP activists and corporators ostensibly in the name of celebrating Goddess Gangamma's annual fair.
She asserted that the BJP activists and local corporators paid scant respect to forest department's warning and are planning to conduct an annual fair, which she said, was in violation of a local court order.
Urging the state government to order an inquiry into the alleged abetment of encroachment and save the tank, the Congress leader threatened that she would launch an agitation on the issue.
Block Congress president B Gurappa Naidu, who was also present, said that if government fails to take action, the issue would be
taken to Lokayukta to ensure justice. ENS
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines