Congress hopeful of Encore
BHAWANIPATNA: The electioneering for ZP poll is gradually picking up in Kalahandi. For the 36 Zilla Parishad seats, there are 183 ..
BHAWANIPATNA: The electioneering for ZP poll is gradually picking up in Kalahandi. For the 36 Zilla Parishad seats, there are 183 candidates in fray.
Besides candidates from BJD, BJP and Congress, parties like Samrudha Odisha, Kalinga Sena and CPM are also participating.
With a comfortable win in the last ZP election, the Congress is hopeful of repeating its success story this time too. However, political observers feel the anti-incumbency factor may create problems for the party.
For Congress, two of its MLAs Dusmanta Naik of Bhawanipatna and Gobardhan Das of Junagarh are campaigning in their respective areas apart from Lok Sabha member Bhakta Das.
For BJP, former ministers Himansu Meher and Pradip Naik, Minister Puspendra Singhdeo and former minister Balabhadra Majhi are leading the campaign for BJD.
Earlier this week, BJD strongman Pyarimohan Mohapatra embarked upon a two-week visit to the district.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology