Congress MLA opens fire during a party at minister's residence, 2 injured
The police say it is not yet clear as to what led to the firing by Kunwar Pranav Singh "Champion".
An MLA of Uttarakhand's ruling Congress party on Tuesday allegedly opened fire at the residence of state Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat during a party leaving two persons, including a party leader, injured.
A party was on at the minister's residence when Congress MLA from Khanpur in Haridwar district Kunwar Pranav Singh "Champion" is said to have opened fire, IG RS Meena said.
Two persons, including a former student leader Vivekanand Khanduri, and a youth from Haridwar received injuries in the firing, he said adding they have been taken to hospital.
It is not clear what led to the firing, he said, adding details are being looked into by a team of police officials who have gone to the spot. Champion, who represents Khanpur in the state assembly, is also the chairman of the Forest Development Corporation.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Azam Khan Blames 'One Single Outsider' For SP Feud
- Amar Singh is Back Centre Stage; So is Trouble