DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress MLA opens fire during a party at minister's residence, 2 injured
The police say it is not yet clear as to what led to the firing by Kunwar Pranav Singh "Champion".
An MLA of Uttarakhand's ruling Congress party on Tuesday allegedly opened fire at the residence of state Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat during a party leaving two persons, including a party leader, injured.
A party was on at the minister's residence when Congress MLA from Khanpur in Haridwar district Kunwar Pranav Singh "Champion" is said to have opened fire, IG RS Meena said.
Two persons, including a former student leader Vivekanand Khanduri, and a youth from Haridwar received injuries in the firing, he said adding they have been taken to hospital.
It is not clear what led to the firing, he said, adding details are being looked into by a team of police officials who have gone to the spot. Champion, who represents Khanpur in the state assembly, is also the chairman of the Forest Development Corporation.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Happy Birthday Ravi Shastri: Five Popular Commentary Gems
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users