Congress non-committal on forming government with JMM
Asked whether Congress was preparing for polls and not ready to form government in this term, Sukdhdeo Bhagat said every party was readying itself for polls.
Ranchi: Congress remained non-committal on forming government with Jharkhand Mukti Morcha in the eastern state, with newly appointed state PCC chief Sukdhdeo Bhagat on Monday saying the party would strengthen itself in the run up to the Assembly elections. "The JMM is a political party and has its priorities and thinking which I can't control. They are free (to have their own priorities and thoughts)," Bhagat told reporters.
He was replying to a query on Congress's interest in forming government as JMM had repeatedly said it was upto Congress to initiate government formation after the Shibu Soren-led party withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8. "We have apprised the party high command of the political situation in Jharkhand and will abide by whatever directive comes," Bhagat said. The PCC chief said he had given a three-month 'home work' to the district chiefs to strengthen the party, spread the central government's flag-ship programmes.
"We have only 13 MLAs. My priority is to strengthen the party," Bhagat said. Asked whether Congress was preparing for polls and not ready to form government in this term, Bhagat said every party was readying itself for polls. Even if a government was formed, the parties would prepare for election as it was due in 2014, he said.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams