DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress workers arrested in Chitradurga
CHITRAGURGA/BELLARY: Congress workers, who took out rallies in Chitradurga and Bellary on Sunday opposing the BJP's 'Governor hata..
CHITRAGURGA/BELLARY: Congress workers, who took out rallies in Chitradurga and Bellary on Sunday opposing the BJP's 'Governor hatao' agitation, were arrested and released later.
In Chitradurga, the protestors shouted slogans against the BJP government and Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, in support of Governor Hans Raj Bhardwaj. They gathered at the Gandhi Circle and formed a human chain. When they were about to move towards the Deputy Commissioner's office where the BJP workers held a public meeting, the police arrested the Congress activists to prevent a direct clash between the workers of two parties.
The arrested Congress workers were taken to the Police Community Hall on the outskirts of the city before their release.
Arrests were made in Bellary when Congress workers staged a black flag demonstration at a programme in which Energy Minister Shobha Karandlaje was participating.
About 40 Congress workers were taken into police custody and were released later.
Recommended For You
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash