Conmen pose as CBI officers to rob Delhi businessmen
The eight people entered two shops in Delhi's Lahori Gate area, took out the cash from the drawers and snatched expensive items of the shop employees too.
New Delhi: A case similar to Akshay Kumar starrer 'Special Chabbis' has been reported from Delhi. Eight people posing as Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers arrived at a shop in Delhi's Lahori Gate area on Tuesday and tried to extort Rs 2 lakh from the businessman. But the businessman and his associates foiled their attempt to rob him.
The eight conmen had arrived in a vehicle which had a Haryana number plate. Four of them entered a parcel company's office while the other four went into a neighbouring shop. Introducing themselves as CBI officers, they demanded all the documents at the parcel company's office.
According to the parcel company owner there were five people and they said that they were CBI officers, but none of them were carrying any identity cards. They asked the owner not to speak about the documents with anyone and then left with the files.
Both the groups stayed inside the shops for a long time and kept on searching. They took all the expensive things kept in the shops. They even took out the cash from the drawers and snatched expensive items of the shop employees too.
When they were leaving with the documents and the cash, the shopkeepers became suspicious and demanded their identity cards. But as they could not produce the identity cards or documents which could prove that they were from the CBI, the shopkeepers informed Delhi Police.
Police have arrest seven men while one of the accused is absconding.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor