DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Conspiracy PIL dismissed
BANGALORE: The High Court on Tuesday imposed a fine of Rs 1 lakh on a city-based advocate for wasting its time by filing a PIL see..
BANGALORE: The High Court on Tuesday imposed a fine of Rs 1 lakh on a city-based advocate for wasting its time by filing a PIL seeking direction to issue the writ of mandamus against BJP leader Ananth Kumar, Home Minister R Ashok, former Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Governor H R Bharadwaj and former legal advisor Diwakar for targeting former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa.
The advocate, H R Vishwanath, had filed a PIL urging the HC to pass an interim order directing the Lokayukta court to stop all further proceedings against the former CM until an enquiry is conducted against the complainants - Y S V Datta and advocates Sirajin Basha and Balaraj.
A division bench comprising acting Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen and Justice A S Bopanna issued the orders.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar