Constable shoots ASI after altercation , commits suicide
Sources said constable was miffed after being put on `warrant service' duty in another district and had an altercation with ASI a few days ago.
Sagar: A constable allegedly committed suicide after shooting and seriously wounding a police officer at Chhanbila police station on Sagar-Chhatarpur road on Tuesday night. Constable Sukhram Upadhyaya first shot Assistant Police Inspector YK Awasthi with his service gun.
Awasthi was preparing duty roster of constables on the day of Holi. Upadhyaya then left the station and shot himself about 100 metres away.
Sources said he was miffed after being put on `warrant service' duty in another district and had an altercation with Awasthi a few days ago. Further probe is on.
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Saqlain Mushtaq Hired as Spin Consultant for England's India Tour