Constable shoots ASI after altercation , commits suicide
Sources said constable was miffed after being put on `warrant service' duty in another district and had an altercation with ASI a few days ago.
Sagar: A constable allegedly committed suicide after shooting and seriously wounding a police officer at Chhanbila police station on Sagar-Chhatarpur road on Tuesday night. Constable Sukhram Upadhyaya first shot Assistant Police Inspector YK Awasthi with his service gun.
Awasthi was preparing duty roster of constables on the day of Holi. Upadhyaya then left the station and shot himself about 100 metres away.
Sources said he was miffed after being put on `warrant service' duty in another district and had an altercation with Awasthi a few days ago. Further probe is on.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw