DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Constable Tomar death: Police to drop charges against 8 accused
The cross examination of the FIR against the arrested individuals is scheduled for Wednesday.
New Delhi: In the case of the death of police constable Subhash Tomar, the Delhi Police has told the High Court that it will drop murder charges against the eight arrested individuals. The cross examination of the FIR against the arrested individuals is scheduled for Wednesday.
Constable Subhash Tomar died of a heart attack while the police lathi-charged anti-rape protestors in New Delhi after the Delhi gangrape case. Protesters were accused of assaulting him.
Inspite of the non-bailable sections, all the eight were granted bail within 24 hours of arrest by the metropolitan magistrate for lack of evidence. The affidavit submitted by the Delhi Police nowhere mentioned that the eight men who were picked up during the India Gate protest had any role to play in Constable Tomar's death.
A video footage showed Tomar collapsing at the India Gate during the protests against the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi. He was immediately admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia, where he succumbed to his alleged injuries on December 25. The eight men, who were arrested had claimed that they were being framed by the police.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand