DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Constable with pistol creates ruckus in Delhi Metro
A Delhi Police constable was apprehended after he allegedly threatened to fire from his service revolver inside a Metro train.
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was apprehended after he allegedly threatened to fire from his service revolver inside a Delhi Metro train on Friday night. The constable, identified as Satyendra S Maan, boarded the Metro at Kashmere Gate and got into a tiff with commuters.
As Maan was on duty, he was allowed to board the Metro with his official pistol after following the mandatory drill of recording the particulars of the weapon in an official register, official sources said.
During the journey, Maan, according to the sources, picked up a quarrel in the Metro train claiming his belongings has been stolen and he would shoot with his weapon.
The commuters raised an alarm and informed the Metro authorities and on their call a CISF squad intercepted the constable at Seelampur Metro station at around 1935 hours, they said.
The constable, who works in the Special Branch of Delhi Police, was handed over to the Metro police who questioned him, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?