Conveyor belt of TTPS catches fire
TALCHER: The standby conveyor belt which carries coal to Talcher Thermal Power Station, a unit of National Thermal Power Corporati..
TALCHER: The standby conveyor belt which carries coal to Talcher Thermal Power Station, a unit of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, caught fire on Tuesday morning.
Sources said about 150-metre belt was damaged in the fire near the Jagannath coal project office before the fire was brought under control.
The conveyor belt supplies 6,000 tonne of coal to the 460 MW power plant daily from Jagannath coal mine. Besides the conveyer belt, the plant also draws coal through rakes. While the exact reason behind the mishap is not known, the power plant authorities said the fire might have taken place due to the garbage and nearby coal deposit. Plant officials said while repair work of the belt has been started, coal supply remained unaffected.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner