Conveyor belt of TTPS catches fire
TALCHER: The standby conveyor belt which carries coal to Talcher Thermal Power Station, a unit of National Thermal Power Corporati..
TALCHER: The standby conveyor belt which carries coal to Talcher Thermal Power Station, a unit of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, caught fire on Tuesday morning.
Sources said about 150-metre belt was damaged in the fire near the Jagannath coal project office before the fire was brought under control.
The conveyor belt supplies 6,000 tonne of coal to the 460 MW power plant daily from Jagannath coal mine. Besides the conveyer belt, the plant also draws coal through rakes. While the exact reason behind the mishap is not known, the power plant authorities said the fire might have taken place due to the garbage and nearby coal deposit. Plant officials said while repair work of the belt has been started, coal supply remained unaffected.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking