DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Conveyor belt of TTPS catches fire
TALCHER: The standby conveyor belt which carries coal to Talcher Thermal Power Station, a unit of National Thermal Power Corporati..
TALCHER: The standby conveyor belt which carries coal to Talcher Thermal Power Station, a unit of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, caught fire on Tuesday morning.
Sources said about 150-metre belt was damaged in the fire near the Jagannath coal project office before the fire was brought under control.
The conveyor belt supplies 6,000 tonne of coal to the 460 MW power plant daily from Jagannath coal mine. Besides the conveyer belt, the plant also draws coal through rakes. While the exact reason behind the mishap is not known, the power plant authorities said the fire might have taken place due to the garbage and nearby coal deposit. Plant officials said while repair work of the belt has been started, coal supply remained unaffected.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham