Cops force live-in partners to strip, suspended
Following the public outcry the two constables were suspended and a departmental inquiry ordered into the incident.
Morigaon: Three police constables allegedly filmed a live-in student couple after forcing them to strip and sent the video to local media to "teach them a lesson", a move which triggered a public outrage leading to suspension of the trio in Assam's Morigaon district.
"Acting as moral police, the three barged into the rented accommodation of the couple near Morigaon College on August 17 and forced them to strip after which they made a video of them and sent the footage to local TV channels to embarrass them," a senior police official said on condition of anonymity.
However, their moral policing attempt backfired as they faced a public outrage after the footage was telecast in the local channels.
Following the public outcry, constables Krishna Saikia, Saumeswar Bordoloi and Anupam Saikia were suspended and a departmental inquiry ordered into the incident, the officer said.
Human rights organisation Manav Adhikar Sangram Samiti and several other social and literary groups on Saturday staged protest in front of the deputy commissioner's office, demanding strong action against the police constables.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology