DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cops unearth Maoist dump in Koraput, ammo seized
MALKANGIRI: A huge arms dump of Maoists was unearthed by police and Border Security Force (BSF) deep inside the Sishap..
MALKANGIRI: A huge arms dump of Maoists was unearthed by police and Border Security Force (BSF) deep inside the Sishaput forest, 100 km from Koraput bordering Malkangiri under Machkund police limits on Friday.
Informing this to mediapersons on Saturday, DIG - south-west range- Soumendra Priyadarshi termed the seizure of a large number of wireless sets along with the explosives as a major setback for the banned CPI(Maoist) outfit. The seized communication equipment included 34 new wireless sets whose packs were yet to be opened and five VHF sets.
Liquid explosives weighing 138 kg, two directional mines and 55 detonators, Maoist literature were also seized from the spot. The arms were found stored in three large plastic containers to save the stock from vagaries of nature.
This arms seizure is major a breakthrough for the security forces as the Koraput-Malkangiri belt is a Maoist stronghold. The Rayagada police recently had recovered huge cache of ammunition from Muniguda area bordering Phulbani.
The Sishaput forest region links the cut-off area of the Chitrakonda reservoir in Malkangiri district with the Maoist-affected areas of Koraput district.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand