DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
One dead, five injured in Amarnath chopper crash
The helicopter took off from north Kashmir's Baltal base camp.
Srinagar: A helicopter crashed near the Amarnath cave shrine on Thursday morning killing one woman pilgrim on the spot and wounding five occupants, police said.
The helicopter took off from north Kashmir's Baltal base camp early Thursday morning, but crashed nearly 500 metres short of the helipad near the cave shrine, killing one woman on the ground and wounding all the five occupants including the captain, a senior police officer said.
The injured were being evacuated for treatment, he said.
A daily helicopter service to ferry the pilgrims to the cave shrine and back is being operated by the 'Himalayan Heli Services' from Baltal.
The annual pilgrimage to the cave, which began last month, is in full swing with over 8,000 pilgrims visiting the shrine everyday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics