DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Third tiger found dead near Corbett in a week
The putrefying carcasses of the big cats in all the three instances suggest they died days before being found.
Rishikesh: A tiger was found dead near the Corbett Tiger Reserve in Nainital district, the third such incident in the area in a week. The carcass of the tiger was recovered in a decomposed state from Hathi Dangar in Fantoo range of Tarai West forest division, Corbett Field Director Samir Sinha told PTI.
It was traced after a foul smell in the area. An autopsy is being conducted to ascertain how the big cat died, he said.
This is the third such incident within a week as the decomposed carcass of a tigress was found near a water body at Corbett Tiger Reserve on May 27 and that of a tiger in Tarai West forest division of Ramnagar just two days later on May 29.
The putrefying carcasses of the big cats in all the three instances suggest they died days before being found, raising doubts over the way patrolling is being carried out in the tiger landscape of Kumaon's tarai region, experts said. The population of the endangered species in Corbett is estimated to be 172-200 and that in India 1,706.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh