DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Corporation gears up to face Thane onslaught
CHENNAI: The Chennai Corporation on Wednesday announced several precautionary measures to tackle the situation in the wake of the ..
CHENNAI: The Chennai Corporation on Wednesday announced several precautionary measures to tackle the situation in the wake of the impending cyclone Thane. According to a release, portable high-powered pumping motors have been kept ready in every zone and will be pressed into service in case of heavy rains.
The civic body has kept its four permanent relief centres located at Basin Bridge, Chintadripet, Gopalapuram and Perambur Barracks Road ready to accommodate people likely to be evacuated in case of torrential rains.
Residents have been advised not to park vehicles under trees as gusty winds are expected. To meet emergencies due to fallen trees, modern saws have also been kept ready at every zone office, the release added.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness