India slips 3 points in world corruption rankings
Another fallout of the Commonwealth Games corruption scam - India is now perceived as a more a corrupt country worldwide.
New Delhi: Another fallout of the Commonwealth Games corruption scam - India is now perceived as a more a corrupt country worldwide.
The country has slipped three points from 84 last year to 87 in the world corruption rankings.
This is from the latest list released by global watchdog Transparency International.
The report says 'perceptions about corruption in India have increased in the wake of the scam-tainted Commonwealth Games.'
Denmark is ranked first in the report, with New Zealand coming second and Singapore third.
Pakistan has climbed up the corruption index from 42nd position in 2009 to 34th this year, as per the new ranking of corrupt countries released by Transparency International.
Pakistan was ranked 47th in 2008 and went on to become 42nd in 2009.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films