India slips 3 points in world corruption rankings
Another fallout of the Commonwealth Games corruption scam - India is now perceived as a more a corrupt country worldwide.
New Delhi: Another fallout of the Commonwealth Games corruption scam - India is now perceived as a more a corrupt country worldwide.
The country has slipped three points from 84 last year to 87 in the world corruption rankings.
This is from the latest list released by global watchdog Transparency International.
The report says 'perceptions about corruption in India have increased in the wake of the scam-tainted Commonwealth Games.'
Denmark is ranked first in the report, with New Zealand coming second and Singapore third.
Pakistan has climbed up the corruption index from 42nd position in 2009 to 34th this year, as per the new ranking of corrupt countries released by Transparency International.
Pakistan was ranked 47th in 2008 and went on to become 42nd in 2009.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out