Costner wanted Princess Diana in 'Bodyguard 2'
Kevin Costner says Princess Diana was keen on being a part of the sequel to Whitney Houston starrer 'Bodyguard'.
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Kevin Costner says Princess Diana was keen on being a part of the sequel to Whitney Houston starrer film 'Bodyguard'. Costner, 57, helped give singer Houston her big screen break with the 1992 film and had high hopes of making a film star out of the Princess of Wales, reported US magazine.
"Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2. I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney," Costner said in a recent interview.
Producing and starring in the original flick that garnered the late Houston critical acclaim, Costner was willing to craft a role especially for Diana in the follow-up.
"She wanted me to write it for her. I said 'I'll tailor it for you if you're interested.' She goes, 'I am interested'," Costner recounted.
In a 2003 interview, the actor told ABC that the film's sequel would show his character shielding the royal from paparazzi and stalkers before the duo became involved in a torrid affair.
In an ironic twist, the actor received a draft of the script for 'Bodyguard 2' on August 31, 1997 - the day before Diana perished in a Paris car crash at age 36.
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi Enjoys 'Paan' Brought by Party Workers During Unnao Road Show