Costner wanted Princess Diana in 'Bodyguard 2'
Kevin Costner says Princess Diana was keen on being a part of the sequel to Whitney Houston starrer 'Bodyguard'.
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Kevin Costner says Princess Diana was keen on being a part of the sequel to Whitney Houston starrer film 'Bodyguard'. Costner, 57, helped give singer Houston her big screen break with the 1992 film and had high hopes of making a film star out of the Princess of Wales, reported US magazine.
"Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2. I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney," Costner said in a recent interview.
Producing and starring in the original flick that garnered the late Houston critical acclaim, Costner was willing to craft a role especially for Diana in the follow-up.
"She wanted me to write it for her. I said 'I'll tailor it for you if you're interested.' She goes, 'I am interested'," Costner recounted.
In a 2003 interview, the actor told ABC that the film's sequel would show his character shielding the royal from paparazzi and stalkers before the duo became involved in a torrid affair.
In an ironic twist, the actor received a draft of the script for 'Bodyguard 2' on August 31, 1997 - the day before Diana perished in a Paris car crash at age 36.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology