Costumes on TV are in tune with fashion: Neeta Lulla
Neeta Lulla designed a bespoke traditional yet contemporary maroon outfit for the wedding sequence in 'Madhubala... Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon'.
Mumbai: One of Bollywood's favourite fashion designers Neeta Lulla, who has designed the wedding outfit that lead actress Drashti Dhami wears in TV show 'Madhubala... Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon', says costumes on the small screen have evolved with time.
"It has evolved as fashion has evolved. Determining that costumes reflect the tastes of their audiences, the change is very gradual," Lulla, a National award-winning designer, told IANS.
Lulla designed a bespoke traditional yet contemporary maroon outfit for the wedding sequence. She says her foray into bridal couture could have been the reason why she came on board for the show.
"Colors approached me for this and I thought it's a great opportunity and 'Madhubala' is a great looking serial," she said.
Lulla catches up on 'Madhubala' whenever "time permits". "I love the romantic track. It's something that I really look forward to," she added.
She had earlier designed for actresses Rakhi Sawant and Ratan Rajput for their televised 'swayamvars'.
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift in Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi