Costumes on TV are in tune with fashion: Neeta Lulla
Neeta Lulla designed a bespoke traditional yet contemporary maroon outfit for the wedding sequence in 'Madhubala... Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon'.
Mumbai: One of Bollywood's favourite fashion designers Neeta Lulla, who has designed the wedding outfit that lead actress Drashti Dhami wears in TV show 'Madhubala... Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon', says costumes on the small screen have evolved with time.
"It has evolved as fashion has evolved. Determining that costumes reflect the tastes of their audiences, the change is very gradual," Lulla, a National award-winning designer, told IANS.
Lulla designed a bespoke traditional yet contemporary maroon outfit for the wedding sequence. She says her foray into bridal couture could have been the reason why she came on board for the show.
"Colors approached me for this and I thought it's a great opportunity and 'Madhubala' is a great looking serial," she said.
Lulla catches up on 'Madhubala' whenever "time permits". "I love the romantic track. It's something that I really look forward to," she added.
She had earlier designed for actresses Rakhi Sawant and Ratan Rajput for their televised 'swayamvars'.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards