Couple ends life over wife's 'incurable' illness
According to police the husband sent an SMS to his relative about his plan and apparently killed himself when the relative had reached.
Visakhapatnam: A couple married for two months allegedly committed suicide on Monday after the husband came to know that his wife was suffering from an "incurable" disease, police said. V Vinod (29), who hails from Ravindranagar area and of late employed in Chennai, hanged himself from a ceiling fan inside his room in a local lodge in Visakhapatnam while his wife Laxmi (30) consumed sleeping pills to kill herself, they said.
Vinod got married to Laxmi, a widow with two children, two months back, police said. According to police Vinod sent an SMS to his relative about his plan and apparently killed himself when the relative had reached the place. Police found a suicide note in the room, purportedly written by Vinod, saying that the couple is taking the extreme step as Laxmi was suffering from an "incurable" disease and chances of her survival are slim despite undergoing surgeries to cure herself.
The bodies were shifted to King George Hospital for the post-mortem, police said.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory