Couple ends life over wife's 'incurable' illness
According to police the husband sent an SMS to his relative about his plan and apparently killed himself when the relative had reached.
Visakhapatnam: A couple married for two months allegedly committed suicide on Monday after the husband came to know that his wife was suffering from an "incurable" disease, police said. V Vinod (29), who hails from Ravindranagar area and of late employed in Chennai, hanged himself from a ceiling fan inside his room in a local lodge in Visakhapatnam while his wife Laxmi (30) consumed sleeping pills to kill herself, they said.
Vinod got married to Laxmi, a widow with two children, two months back, police said. According to police Vinod sent an SMS to his relative about his plan and apparently killed himself when the relative had reached the place. Police found a suicide note in the room, purportedly written by Vinod, saying that the couple is taking the extreme step as Laxmi was suffering from an "incurable" disease and chances of her survival are slim despite undergoing surgeries to cure herself.
The bodies were shifted to King George Hospital for the post-mortem, police said.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Rock On 2: Meet The Band Members of The Magik