Court rejects Jundal's plea for shifting from Kasab's barrack
Jundal had recently filed an application saying he was mentally disturbed and that Kasab would appear in his dreams.
Mumbai: LeT operative and key 26/11 attacks handler Abu Jundal's plea that he must not be kept in the barrack where hanged terrorist Ajmal Kasab was kept was on Monday rejected by a local court. "The court rejected the application in which we had sought that he should not be kept in Kasab's barrack as Jundal was hallucinating about him," said his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
Meanwhile, the Arthur Road jail officials also filed a report on Monday saying that the mental condition of Jundal was normal.
The court had earlier directed the jail authorities to provide a check-up by a psychiatrist. The jail authorities has also said that he has been given two newspapers daily and some books from jail library are also provided to him.
Jundal had filed an application, saying he was mentally disturbed when detained in Saudi Arabia last year and was on medication when lodged at Tihar jail in Delhi. He also said that Kasab - who was at Arthur Road before he was transferred to Pune's Yerawada jail for execution - appears in his dreams.
Jundal is being tried before the MCOCA court here for the alleged role in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, where he is one of the 22 accused. Maharashtra ATS team had chased a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway near Aurangabad, arrested three persons, and seized 30 kg RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets on May 8, 2006.
The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal, who managed to give police a slip at that time. He then drove to Malegaon and handed over the vehicle to an acquaintance. In May 2006, he escaped to Bangladesh, from where he fled to Pakistan on a fake passport.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar