DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPI-M worker killed by Maoist in West Bengal
CPI-M worker was shot dead by Maoists in West Bengal's West Midnapore district.
Kolkata: A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was shot dead by Maoists in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, police said on Saturday.
"The locals informed about the bullet-ridden body of Bablu Mahato (a local CPI-M worker) lying in Beliabera village in Jhargram sub-division of the district," said West Midnapore Additional Police Superintendent (operation), Mukesh Kumar.
"Maoists' posters were recovered from the spot, which read that Bablu was killed for acting as a police informer," Kumar told.
The victim's family alleged that a group of six-eight Maoist cadres raided their house late Friday night. Bablu was dragged out, taken to a forest and killed, said Kumar.
Meanwhile, two firearms, 20 rounds of cartridges and explosives were recovered from a Jharkhand party activist's house in Hansda in Jhargram sub-division.
"Acting on specific inputs, we raided Rajesh Mahato's house and recovered the arms and ammunition," said Kumar.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi