TN: CPI protests against fisherman killing
An Indian fisherman was killed last week when a US Navy ship opened fire at his boat off the coast of Dubai.
Chennai: The Communist Party of India on Monday protested in Chennai against the killing of an Indian fisherman from Tamil Nadu by a US Navy ship off the coast of Dubai last week.
In the aftermath of the incident, the US had justified the use of lethal force saying the fishing boat had not heeded warnings and instead charged towards the US ship.
The fishermen, however, maintained that the firing was unprovoked.
The UAE, too, had countered the US's claims.
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday