CPI(ML-Liberation) hails Hazare's victory
It's a small victory against corruption, but a good beginning for a strong movement, says Bhattacharya.
Ranchi: Reacting to the Centre's order to set up a committee for drafting a Lokpal Bill that led Gandhian Anna Hazare to break his fast-unto-death, CPI (ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya on Saturday
described it as a "good beginning" against corruption.
"It's a small victory against rampant corruption, but a good beginning for a strong movement against corruption," Bhattacharya told a news conference here, barely hours after Hazare ended his 98-hour fast after Centre agreed to his
"The victory is all the more satisfying as it has come in the background of several scams, including 2G. We are very happy about Anna Hazare's movement against corruption. The youth in our party will continue against corruption through Jan Jagaran from August 9 and 15 this year," he said.
August 15 is the last date for submission of the Lokpall Bill.
"Corruption has increased following the advent of corporate sectors, and the government should change its policies towards privatisation to root out corruption in any form," he claimed.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology