DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPM: Provide relief to rain-hit farmers
PUDUCHERRY: CPM local unit secretary V Perumal on Sunday urged Chief Minister N Rangasamy to provide an assistance of Rs 2,000 eac..
PUDUCHERRY: CPM local unit secretary V Perumal on Sunday urged Chief Minister N Rangasamy to provide an assistance of Rs 2,000 each to farmers and fishermen affected by the recent rains.
They should also be provided with 25 kg of rice and 10 litres of kerosene, Perumal said, adding that the government should adequately compensate the crop damage suffered by farmers. He demanded that the authorities take measures to clear water-logged areas. Further, the health department should take steps to check outbreak of diseases in these areas, he said.
BJP secretary R V Saminathan also urged the government to take steps to mitigate the suffering of those affected by the rains.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets