CPM: Provide relief to rain-hit farmers
PUDUCHERRY: CPM local unit secretary V Perumal on Sunday urged Chief Minister N Rangasamy to provide an assistance of Rs 2,000 eac..
PUDUCHERRY: CPM local unit secretary V Perumal on Sunday urged Chief Minister N Rangasamy to provide an assistance of Rs 2,000 each to farmers and fishermen affected by the recent rains.
They should also be provided with 25 kg of rice and 10 litres of kerosene, Perumal said, adding that the government should adequately compensate the crop damage suffered by farmers. He demanded that the authorities take measures to clear water-logged areas. Further, the health department should take steps to check outbreak of diseases in these areas, he said.
BJP secretary R V Saminathan also urged the government to take steps to mitigate the suffering of those affected by the rains.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology