Crackdown on chit fund companies in Odisha, 110 arrested
Stating that many documents and other machineries have been seized during the raid, Sharma said so far 110 people of different companies are arrested.
Bhubaneswar: In a major crackdown on chit fund companies and other non-banking financial institutions, Odisha Police on Friday launched statewide raids and arrested as many as 110 people involved in the trade. "Our sleuths raided 185 places and 97 cases have been registered. This is for the first time that a statewide raid is conducted on a single day," said Additional Director General (ADG), Crime Branch, BK Sharma.
Stating that many documents and other machineries including computers have been seized during the raid, Sharma said so far 110 people of different companies are arrested. "Our men along with local police are raiding on such companies in every nook and corner of the state," Sharma said. Besides the Kolkata-based Saradha Group, the raids were being conducted in small and medium companies also, he said adding that the motive of the raid is to ensure that the people are not cheated in the name of investment.
"The objective of the raid is to verify the intentions of such groups and prevent duping of gullible investors across the state," Director General of Police Prakash Mishra said. In the process, the DGP said the police and the Economic Offence Wing (EOW) would have detailed information the chit fund companies and other NBFIs operating in different parts of state.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259