Cracker Warehouse Catches Fire in Indore's Ranipura Market, 1 Feared Dead
A person was feared dead and six others were injured in an intense fire that broke out in Indore's Ranipura Market, the police said.
Image for representation only.
Bhopal: A person was feared dead and six others were injured in an intense fire that broke out in Indore's Ranipura Market, the police said.
The fire is said to have broken out in a cracker warehouse, close to Chandravanshi Kuril Dharmashala in Ranipura market.
As the firecrackers burst and smoke engulfed the area, it threw rescue operation into a tizzy.
The fire reached a nearby footwear shop; the smoke and foul smell suffocated the residents stranded on other floors.
The locals and police soon rushed into action to rescue the residents.
More than two dozen vehicles parked in the market also were gutted in the fire.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot and senior officers, including DIG Harinarayanchari Mishra, also rushed towards the site.
Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan took stock of the situation over the phone.
The fire was doused at around 5 pm.
Storing and selling firecrackers in dense city areas is illegal, but Ranipura market is known for a large number of shops violating norms.
Recommended For You
- South Africa vs India: Shardul, Saini Called in as Net Bowlers
- Dhadak: Jahnvi Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter's Much Anticipated Debut To Release On July 20
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- My Birthday Song Review: A Thriller That Messes With Your Head
- Here's Why Prioritizing Your Sleep Should Be Your Top Priority!