Cracker Warehouse Catches Fire in Indore's Ranipura Market, 1 Feared Dead
Image for representation only.
Bhopal: A person was feared dead and six others were injured in an intense fire that broke out in Indore's Ranipura Market, the police said.
The fire is said to have broken out in a cracker warehouse, close to Chandravanshi Kuril Dharmashala in Ranipura market.
As the firecrackers burst and smoke engulfed the area, it threw rescue operation into a tizzy.
The fire reached a nearby footwear shop; the smoke and foul smell suffocated the residents stranded on other floors.
The locals and police soon rushed into action to rescue the residents.
More than two dozen vehicles parked in the market also were gutted in the fire.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot and senior officers, including DIG Harinarayanchari Mishra, also rushed towards the site.
Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan took stock of the situation over the phone.
The fire was doused at around 5 pm.
Storing and selling firecrackers in dense city areas is illegal, but Ranipura market is known for a large number of shops violating norms.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 Review: Can It Beat the iPhone 7 Plus Dual Camera?
- West Indies vs India: Dwayne Bravo Pays Surprise Visit To Tourists
- West Indies vs India: Kohli & Boys Gear Up For Series Opener
- Virat Kohli Responds To Kumble: Change Room Sanctity Is Paramount
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats