Cracks in windscreen, plane makes priority landing
Air India's flight AI-788 with 59 passengers on board took off from Port Blair on scheduled time at 8.15 am.
Kolkata: A Port Blair-Kolkata Air India flight made a priority landing in Sunday after its wind screen developed cracks shortly before touching down, airport sources said. Air India's flight AI-788 with 59 passengers on board took off from Port Blair on scheduled time at 8.15 am.
But shortly before landing at the NSC Bose International Airport, the pilots noticed cracks in the wind screen of the plane, the sources said.
The pilots contacted the Air Traffic Control and sought permission for priority landing which was granted.
The aircraft landed safely at 10.30 pm, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen