Cracks in windscreen, plane makes priority landing
Air India's flight AI-788 with 59 passengers on board took off from Port Blair on scheduled time at 8.15 am.
Kolkata: A Port Blair-Kolkata Air India flight made a priority landing in Sunday after its wind screen developed cracks shortly before touching down, airport sources said. Air India's flight AI-788 with 59 passengers on board took off from Port Blair on scheduled time at 8.15 am.
But shortly before landing at the NSC Bose International Airport, the pilots noticed cracks in the wind screen of the plane, the sources said.
The pilots contacted the Air Traffic Control and sought permission for priority landing which was granted.
The aircraft landed safely at 10.30 pm, the sources said.
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Delhi: Street kids celebrate Diwali, spread message of harmony