Critics of laptop scheme will get a reply: Akhilesh
Stressing that computers were important for students' future, Akhilesh said laptops were being distributed so that they do not lag behind anyone.
Hamirpur/Mahoba: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday lashed out at Opposition parties for terming his ambitious laptop distribution scheme as an eyewash and said people would teach the critics a lesson in the coming days. "The SP government has started its laptop distribution programme and it is to be seen how in the days to come, people of the state teach the detractors a lesson," Yadav said while speaking at a laptop distribution programme in Mahoba.
Blaming the previous BSP government for the power crisis in state, he said, "We have inherited dues worth Rs 25,000 crore on power department from the previous government due to which, we are facing some problems. We will ensure that power scenario improves." The BSP government had spent thousands of crores of rupees on setting up stone structures, while the present government is spending it on welfare schemes, he said. Stressing that computers were important for students' future, he said laptops were being distributed so that they do not lag behind anyone.
At another laptop distribution programme in the same area, Yadav said all schemes are being run in a transparent manner. "Youth power should be given due respect and privilege as without it, development of any country is not possible," he said, adding his party had always recognised youth power. On the occasion, Yadav dedicated two units of 250 MW each of Parichcha thermal power plant to the nation built at a cost of Rs 2,822 crore, besides providing Rs 100 crore for digging 14 ponds in this water scarce area. The Chief Minister distributed free laptops to 7,439 students in Hamirpur and 3,618 in Mahoba.
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time