CRPF jawan shoots himself at the disputed site in Ayodhya
No motive could be immediately ascertained behind the jawan's action and Baghel merely said "we are probing the incident".
Ayodhya: A CRPF jawan on duty at the disputed site of Ram Janam Bhoomi-Babri Masjid in Ayodhya committed suicide on Tuesday night, a senior police official said.
N Rajgopalan, a jawan of Central Reserve Police Force deputed to man the "no-entry" security cordon at the disputed site, shot himself using his service AK-47 rifle at around 9 pm, Faizabad Superintendent of Police Subhash Chand Baghel said.
The jawan was declared brought dead at the government hospital, he added. No motive could be immediately ascertained behind the jawan's action and Baghel merely said "we are probing the incident".
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid