CRPF man who killed woman kabaddi player dies
Jaswant Singh was being treated at the Patna Medical College and Hospital.
Patna: A CRPF trooper who had shot himself after killing a national level woman kabaddi player succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in the Bihar capital, police said on Friday.
Jaswant Singh was being treated at the Patna Medical College and Hospital. "He died Thursday night," a police official said.
Singh had shot Manisha Kumari, the woman kabaddi player, with his AK 47 on Wednesday evening when she refused to give him her phone number and then turned the gun on himself.
Singh was posted at the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp at the Moinul Haq Stadium, where young women players have come to attend practice sessions for the 34th National Games in Jharkhand beginning February 12.
Manisha, a native of Himachal Pradesh in her early 20s, was a member of the Bihar women's kabaddi team. Police say he had been stalking her for the last few days.
Police said Singh, who hails from Rajasthan, belongs to the 131st CRPF battalion.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18