DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CRPF man who killed woman kabaddi player dies
Jaswant Singh was being treated at the Patna Medical College and Hospital.
Patna: A CRPF trooper who had shot himself after killing a national level woman kabaddi player succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in the Bihar capital, police said on Friday.
Jaswant Singh was being treated at the Patna Medical College and Hospital. "He died Thursday night," a police official said.
Singh had shot Manisha Kumari, the woman kabaddi player, with his AK 47 on Wednesday evening when she refused to give him her phone number and then turned the gun on himself.
Singh was posted at the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp at the Moinul Haq Stadium, where young women players have come to attend practice sessions for the 34th National Games in Jharkhand beginning February 12.
Manisha, a native of Himachal Pradesh in her early 20s, was a member of the Bihar women's kabaddi team. Police say he had been stalking her for the last few days.
Police said Singh, who hails from Rajasthan, belongs to the 131st CRPF battalion.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Virat Kohli Rules Instagram During IPL Despite Poor RCB Show
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs