DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cruz to receive star on Walk Of Fame
Director Rob Marshall will unveil the star in front of the El Capitan Theatre
London: Actress Penelope Cruz, who won the best supporting actress Oscar in 2009 for playing Maria Elena in Vicky Cristina Barcelona, will now receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for becoming the first Spanish actress to win an Academy Award.
Director Rob Marshall on Friday will unveil the star in front of the El Capitan Theatre.
Cruz had recently joked that winning an Oscar was like getting the best toy ever.
"My Oscar lives in my house, but it changes rooms all the time. I'm looking at it in different places to make the final decision. I even took it to the beach one day. It's like being five when you finally get a toy you've been asking for," contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
Post Oscar, Cruz doesn't feel any extra pressure while working in films.
"I've always felt under pressure and had a lot of insecurity, so that doesn't change and I don't want that to alter. I don't want to get to the set and feel too secure. I've worked for so many years feeling a lot of respect and healthy fear of the work and I don't feel I can change that now," she added.
Cruz is married to Javier Bardem and recently gave birth her to son, Leo.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh