Crystal Harris married Hugh Hefner for security
Harris had ditched Hefner last year just days before a wedding in 2011, but they married on New Year's Eve in 2012.
New York: Crystal Harris says she married Playboy founder Hugh Hefner for security. Harris had ditched Hefner, 84, last year just days before a wedding in 2011 but they reconciled and married on New Year's Eve in 2012 at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles.
The couple share an age difference of 60 years but that does not bother Harris.
"Well for me it meant more security, knowing that I am the one for him. Like we were talking about, there are always girls in and out and always the feeling of maybe being replaced...
"And he made sure I didn't feel that way anymore and that was what the wedding was all about," Harris said during an appearance on the Huffington Post Live.
The 26-year-old says she fell for Hefner because she finds him fascinating.
"When I first met him, I had never even met a celebrity in my life before. I was like 'Oh my gosh Hef' and then we started talking. "... we both studied psychology in school. He's very intriguing, I'll ask him a million question. I'll ask him everything and we'll watch all of his documentaries and he loves revisiting all of that stuff... Just being more involved in his life and learning about Playboy and all the things he has done to change the world."
Harris is said to have signed a prenuptial agreement before marrying Hefner and while she has been provided well, she is not said to be a part of his will.
Hefner's estimated USD 43 million fortune will be divided among his four children - Christie, David, Marston and Cooper and some charities. Harris is Hefner's third wife. He married Mildred Williams in 1949 but they divorced 10 years later. In 1989, he married Playmate Kimberly Conrad but they separated in 1998.
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- Injured Benzema may miss Real Madrid's Champions League tie with PSG
- Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 to lift fifth Champions League title