Curfew imposed in Guwahati following blasts
Pan Bazar, Bhangagarh, Ganeshguri and Hatigaon in Guwahati under curfew.
Guwahati: Curfew has been imposed in Guwahati following the serial bomb blasts in the city and some other cities of Assam on Thursday morning.
The Director General of Police office said that curfew has been imposed in four areas in Guwahati - Pan Bazar, Bhangagarh, Ganeshguri and Hatigaon.
Following the blasts, crowds angry clashed with police in some areas of Guwahati. Some people were injured in the clash and at one place the police even fired in the air to disperse an angry mob.
The state has been rocked by 11 blasts in which at least 39 people have killed and 196 others injured. In Guwahati the blasts took place on Dispur Road, Pan Bazaar, Ganeshguri and Fancy Bazaar.
More bombs exploded in Barpeta, Kokrajhar, Bongaigoan and Tinsukia districts. The bomb at Ganeshguri was planted in a car and took place about 100 meters from Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi's official residence.
In Guwahati the death toll stood at 16 while 98 people were injured while in Kokrajhar 11 people have been killed and 53 injured. In Barpeta 12 people have been killed and 45 others have been injured.
All the blasts took place almost simultaneously at about 1130 hrs IST at crowded marketplaces.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager