DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Govt to take a call on CVC's future on Friday
Sources say the govt is worried that it may face more stricture from the Supreme Court.
New Delhi: The central government in a spot over the appointment of P J Thomas as the chief vigilance commissioner.
Sources have told CNN-IBN that the Centre will take a call on the CVC's future on Friday.
According to sources, the government is worried that it may face more stricture from the Supreme Court.
The government is reportedly upset with the way the matter was handled in court.
The attorney general had told the supreme court the prime minister was not aware of the chargesheet against Thomas at the time of his appointment.
The BJP had seized the opportunity to hit back with Sushma Swaraj calling the government stand a lie.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish