CWG 2014: India hockey captain Sardar Singh reprimanded for conduct
Sardar has been charged with 'inappropriate physical conduct' during the pool game against Australia.
Glasgow: Indian men's hockey captain Sardar Singh was officially reprimanded for inappropriate physical conduct against an opposition player during his side's group match against Australia here.
The incident happened on Tuesday when Eddie Ockenden was hit on the face. India lost the match 2-4.
After video evidence was played, the appeal jury at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre found that Sardar had no intention to cause the injury to Ockenden but had behaved inappropriately, the organisers said in a statement on 'myGamesInfo 2014' website.
The official reprimand has no immediate consequences.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here's How it Will Look
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology