CWG: Kalmadi's bail plea deferred to May 13
He is charged with irregularities in awarding a contract for time scoring equipment in Commonwealth Games 2010.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday deferred to May 13 the hearing on the bail plea of former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi.
Special Judge Talwant Singh said "the arguments on the application will be heard May 13th".
Kalmadi had been first sent to eight days police custody on April 26 on charges of conspiracy and cheating under the Prevention of Corruption Act, and then for 14 days judicial custody in Tihar jail on May 4.
He is charged with irregularities in awarding a contract for timing equipment to a Swiss company for the Oct 3-14, 2010 Games, causing a huge loss to the exchequer.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion