DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CWG: Kalmadi's bail plea deferred to May 13
He is charged with irregularities in awarding a contract for time scoring equipment in Commonwealth Games 2010.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday deferred to May 13 the hearing on the bail plea of former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi.
Special Judge Talwant Singh said "the arguments on the application will be heard May 13th".
Kalmadi had been first sent to eight days police custody on April 26 on charges of conspiracy and cheating under the Prevention of Corruption Act, and then for 14 days judicial custody in Tihar jail on May 4.
He is charged with irregularities in awarding a contract for timing equipment to a Swiss company for the Oct 3-14, 2010 Games, causing a huge loss to the exchequer.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances