CWG: OC misused Indian High Commission's name
The name of Indian High Commission in the UK was allegedly misused to award the Queen's Baton Relay contract work.
New Delhi: Officials of 2010 Commonwealth Games organising committee had allegedly misused the name of Indian High Commission in the UK to award the contract of work related to Queen's Baton Relay, an event in the run up to the Games, to an accused firm owned by a London- based businessman.
CBI, which had filed the chargesheet in connection with the QBR case, alleged work of hiring of transportation was awarded to a London-based transport firm AM Cars and Van Hire Limited without following the standard tender process on the false premises that it was on the panel of the Indian High Commission, London.
CBI alleged officials of the organising committee TS Darbari, Sanjay Mohindroo and M Jeychandran allegedly prepared fake notes on the proceedings and placed forged e-mail in support of the proposal for engagement of the London-based transport form.
The agency alleged the accused officers of the organising committee of CWG, in conspiracy with London-based businessman Ashish Patel, had acted dishonestly and fraudulently to justify allotment of work related to QBR.
CBI spokesperson said the work related to first aid, additional barriers, mobile temporary toilets, power generations etc. was "awarded to London-based transport firm at exorbitant rates on ground that it was approved by the High Commission of India in London and submitted a fake proposal in the file of organising committee for the same".
"For work orders related to video equipments, first aid, barricades etc, a wrongful loss of 1.19 lakh British Pounds was caused to public exchequer," the spokesperson said.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee