DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CWG: Italy, other countries complain non payment
British, France, Germany, Italy have mentioned a huge list of pending bills.
New Delhi: In a joint letter to the Sports Minister, eight foreign missions including Britain, France, Germany, Italy have mentioned a huge list of pending bills of the Commonwealth Games 2010.
In more More embarrassment for the former Organising Committee Chief Suresh Kalmadi, the letter also says that four months after the games, nearly 20 companies from these countries are still awaiting full payment against contracts entered into in good faith.
The combined amount owed to these companies is close to $ 70 million.
The letter says that several of these companies have still not received clearances from the RBI, Central Board of Excise and Customs to release shipping containers.
It also mentions that efforts to break deadlock with the Organising Committee within ten days has also failed.
However the Sports secretary told CNN-IBN that they have already made most of the payments and that just two category of payments are pending and will be made only after consultation with the Law Ministry and the CBI.
Recommended For You
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances