CWG: Italy, other countries complain non payment
British, France, Germany, Italy have mentioned a huge list of pending bills.
New Delhi: In a joint letter to the Sports Minister, eight foreign missions including Britain, France, Germany, Italy have mentioned a huge list of pending bills of the Commonwealth Games 2010.
In more More embarrassment for the former Organising Committee Chief Suresh Kalmadi, the letter also says that four months after the games, nearly 20 companies from these countries are still awaiting full payment against contracts entered into in good faith.
The combined amount owed to these companies is close to $ 70 million.
The letter says that several of these companies have still not received clearances from the RBI, Central Board of Excise and Customs to release shipping containers.
It also mentions that efforts to break deadlock with the Organising Committee within ten days has also failed.
However the Sports secretary told CNN-IBN that they have already made most of the payments and that just two category of payments are pending and will be made only after consultation with the Law Ministry and the CBI.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century