Cyclist Jalabert seriously injured in accident: police
Jalabert had won the Tour of Spain in 1995 and was world time trial champion in 1997.
Montauban: Former cyclist Laurent Jalabert was seriously injured in a road accident on Monday morning, French police told Reuters.
Jalabert, who won the Tour of Spain in 1995 and was world time trial champion in 1997, was on his bike when he was hit by a car travelling in the opposite direction near Montauban, a town in the south of France. "He is not in danger," a spokesman said.
The vehicle suddenly turned left, cutting across Jalabert who had the right of way, the police said. The 44-year-old suffered several fractures and was briefly unconscious when the emergency services arrived.
He was transferred to hospital to undergo surgery, a source close to the former rider told French radio RTL.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game