Cyclone Helen makes landfall at Andhra coast
Indian Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rainfall in a few places over coastal Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamil Nadu.
New Delhi: Cyclone Helen made landfall at the Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh on Friday afternoon. Heavy rainfall has been reported from Guntur, West Godavari and adjoining coastal areas in Andhra Pradesh and Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rainfall in a few places over coastal Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamil Nadu.
Winds reaching 100 kilometres per hour may prevail in area. Sea conditions are rough and fishermen have been asked not to go out to sea.
A Coast Guard ship from Vishakapatnam has set out to help rescue 20 fishermen stranded in rough sea near the coast. The Navy has been asked to be on standby.
Just a a month ago the area faced the fury of severe cyclone Phailin.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"