Cyclone Nilam: 44 people killed in AP, says CM
N Kiran Kumar Reddy said orders have been issued for paying the ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh under various schemes to the families of the deceased.
Hyderabad: Forty-four people were killed and a massive damage was caused to crops in Andhra Pradesh due to cyclone 'Nilam', Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Saturday. Reddy, who interacted with district collectors of all the affected districts via video conferencing at the state secretariat, said orders have been issued for paying the ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh under various schemes to the families of the deceased, a CMO press release said.
Besides the relief measures, 20-kg rice and 5 litres of kerosene will also be supplied to the affected families and 10-kg rice to those who are leaving at the relief camps including the fishermen and weavers whose houses are water-logged, it said. Reddy said that medical teams have been dispatched to the affected areas. It was also decided that Collectors can directly sanction houses and expenses for the reconstruction of the damaged houses under Indira Awas Yojana which would be ratified later.
The chief minister said that compensation will be paid for the loss of animals to a family without any restriction on the number, the release added. Reddy also assured that all the discoloured paddy would be procured by the state agencies at the Minimum Support Price and efforts are being made to see that the damaged cotton is purchased by the Cotton Corporation of India.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- My supporters will teach CM Nitish Kumar a lesson: Shahabuddin on bail cancellation - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18