Cyclone Nilam: 44 people killed in AP, says CM
N Kiran Kumar Reddy said orders have been issued for paying the ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh under various schemes to the families of the deceased.
Hyderabad: Forty-four people were killed and a massive damage was caused to crops in Andhra Pradesh due to cyclone 'Nilam', Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Saturday. Reddy, who interacted with district collectors of all the affected districts via video conferencing at the state secretariat, said orders have been issued for paying the ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh under various schemes to the families of the deceased, a CMO press release said.
Besides the relief measures, 20-kg rice and 5 litres of kerosene will also be supplied to the affected families and 10-kg rice to those who are leaving at the relief camps including the fishermen and weavers whose houses are water-logged, it said. Reddy said that medical teams have been dispatched to the affected areas. It was also decided that Collectors can directly sanction houses and expenses for the reconstruction of the damaged houses under Indira Awas Yojana which would be ratified later.
The chief minister said that compensation will be paid for the loss of animals to a family without any restriction on the number, the release added. Reddy also assured that all the discoloured paddy would be procured by the state agencies at the Minimum Support Price and efforts are being made to see that the damaged cotton is purchased by the Cotton Corporation of India.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18