Cyclone Nilam: Karuna asks govt to take up relief work
DMK chief M Karunanidhi said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday urged Tamil Nadu government to take up on war-footing relief works in the cyclone Nilam affected districts. "In particular, delta and coastal districts have been severely affected. Thousands of hectares of crops have been submerged in water and farmers are worried over crop loss," he said.
Responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece 'Murasoli,', he said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
"Without further delay, government should take up on war-footing the relief work and the government machinery should be effectively used for this purpose," he said.
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das