DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cyclone Nilam: Karuna asks govt to take up relief work
DMK chief M Karunanidhi said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday urged Tamil Nadu government to take up on war-footing relief works in the cyclone Nilam affected districts. "In particular, delta and coastal districts have been severely affected. Thousands of hectares of crops have been submerged in water and farmers are worried over crop loss," he said.
Responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece 'Murasoli,', he said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
"Without further delay, government should take up on war-footing the relief work and the government machinery should be effectively used for this purpose," he said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere