DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cyclone Nilam: PM offers help to Andhra flood victims
PM Manmohan Singh on Tuesday called Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy with an offer of help.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday called Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy with an offer of help from the central government for flood-affected areas of the state. "The prime minister has directed the chief minister to constantly monitor the situation and extend all possible assistance for relief and rehabilitation," a statement from the Prime Minister's Office said.
It said that Manmohan Singh also extended his sympathies to those who have lost dear ones in Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna districts.
The rains triggered by Cyclone Nilam which crossed the Andhra coast near Chennai Oct 31 have battered the state, claiming 24 lives and damaging crops standing in over five lakh hectares.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia