Cyclone Nilam: PM offers help to Andhra flood victims
PM Manmohan Singh on Tuesday called Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy with an offer of help.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday called Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy with an offer of help from the central government for flood-affected areas of the state. "The prime minister has directed the chief minister to constantly monitor the situation and extend all possible assistance for relief and rehabilitation," a statement from the Prime Minister's Office said.
It said that Manmohan Singh also extended his sympathies to those who have lost dear ones in Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna districts.
The rains triggered by Cyclone Nilam which crossed the Andhra coast near Chennai Oct 31 have battered the state, claiming 24 lives and damaging crops standing in over five lakh hectares.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology